The Bridgeport Chapter Reality Fair will be held at the Housatonic Community College, in Bridgeport, on April 9th, 2014.
This Fair, providing a hands-on financial experience, is for high school students in Connecticut. If you would like to participate, please contact John Keet at JKeet@PCAFCU.com.
Connecticut credit unions have successfully held a Financial Reality Fair at Housatonic CC over the past three years, drawing students from many Connecticut high schools.
When asked about what they learned, student comments included:
• “Stick to a budget!”
• “Spend less than you make.”
• “Pay off credit cards to ‘up’ your credit score.”
• “I learned how to manage money and how quickly it adds up.”
• “To save, pay my credit cards faster.”
• “When you have money in your pocket the first thing you should do is pay off your debt.”
• “I learned that with a bad credit score it’s hard to manage your money.”
• “Don’t spend what you don’t have.
75% of students said they would start a savings account after experiencing the Fair.
92% of students said the Fair will change the way they save and spend money.