Sikorsky Credit Union is searching for a VP to lead our Mortgage Lending team from our Stratford, CT headquarters.
- Develop and manage the retail mortgage lending department. Assist the SVP of Retail Lending with implementing a direct mortgage lending operation with FHLB, FNMA, FHLMC, FHA and/or other private or institutional investors. Knowledge and experience with the process of becoming a GSE Seller/Servicer is a must. Experience with FHA and Jumbo Mortgage originations is a plus.
- Responsible for the overall operation of secondary market loan sales, investor relationships and reporting activities, post-closing functions and disbursement of mortgage loans.
- Work with Sr. Management on the mortgage pricing strategy. Develop proposals for risk-management strategies to reduce interest rate risk and employ secondary market investment tools and techniques that support portfolio hedging strategies, including the feasibility of bulk loan sales.
- Supervise, motivate and train staff. Evaluate and refine existing systems and processes, looking to increase efficiency and accuracy of the operation. Develop departmental standards and manage workflow to these standards using defined metrics.
- Assist the SVP of Retail Lending in establishing performance goals for the Mortgage Lending Dept. overall and for each staff member, as appropriate. Guide staff in developing action plans to achieve the pre-determined goals.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of regulatory compliance necessary to successfully perform job responsibilities. This includes, but is not limited to, current and upcoming investor requirements as it relates to loan origination, sales, delivery and audits as well as RESPA, TILA, REG-Z, HMDA and all other relevant rules and regulations. Knowledge of FNMA/FHLMC/FHLB guidelines and delivery requirements a must.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree and 7-10 years’ experience in mortgage banking with a focus on secondary market origination and underwriting. 5-7 years of supervisory experience. Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of retail mortgage lending functions, application processing, underwriting, compliance and documentation. Must be sales oriented and have effective verbal and written
Michele E. Barry
Human Resources Department
Sikorsky Credit Union
Phone: (203) 385-7332
Fax: (203) 381-9259