April – September 2013
Establishing ownership on a new account is one of the basic functions in opening an account, but it can also be one of the more complex parts of the process. This program will provide a refresher on the basics of account ownership.
Areas of review include:
- Joint and single accounts
- Minor accounts
- Trust accounts
- Custodial accounts
- Power of Attorney
- Death of a member
Attendees are invited to send questions and/or additional topic areas prior to the program to email@example.com.
Click to download the Flyer with Registration Form.
Contact Susan O’Loughlin by phone at (203) 608-7061 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (203) 294-4882.
Nick Moalli, VP Credit Union Services, CT League
Judy Britt, Training & Compliance Coordinator, CT League
All credit union personnel and volunteers are required to receive BSA training on an annual basis. Attendees will be provided with an anti-money laundering overview on the following topics: BSA purpose and applicability; Minimal NCUA/FinCen requirements for BSA compliance; Member Identification Programs; Member Due Diligence; Situations covered by SARs; Tips on completing CTRs and SARs; SAR confidentiality; Penalties for failing to comply with SAR and CTR requirements; Recommendations for designing BSA; USA PATRIOT Act; and OFAC policies.
Topics will include: Designing Red Flag policies and procedures; Maintaining internal logs and reports; and Tips and trends for identifying Red Flag activity to determine if reports should be filed.
Click here for the flyer and Registration Form.
A Certificate of Achievement will be distributed to attendees of League-affiliated CUs. A light dinner will be provided.
Morning – Melanie Gluck, MasterCard
Afternoon – Tucker Foote, MasterCard
Morning Session: The Next Generation of Payments: The Future is Now
There is an urgent need for U.S. Payment Providers to position EMV and Mobile technology as strategic imperatives.
Have any of the following questions been addressed at your credit union?
- What is EMV?
- How is it used outside of the U.S.?
- Why are we talking about it now?
- What are the liability shift timelines for issuers and merchants?
- What are the key benefits (reduced fraud and loyalty/usage uptake)
- What is our strategy related to EMV?
- Do we agree it’s important?
- Do we think the time is right to think about reissue on a mass or rolling basis?
- How long would it take to be ready?
- Have we discussed a mobile payments strategy?
- Are we concerned about losing transactions?
To address these issues, we are pleased to present a Retail Payments Strategy Discussion. The program will feature an overview of EMV and Mobile Technology and how they will affect your short- and long-term retail strategies.
Afternoon Session: Payment Systems Legislation & Regulatory Compliance
Given the current credit regulation tenor and speculation on the possibility of heightened oversight, this workshop will address how to protect your debit and credit card operations from further
Specific legislative topics will include:
- The merchant community’s lobbying efforts to expand interchange regulations;
- Future restrictions on prepaid products; and,
- Data security legislation with a specific focus on notification procedures and breach liability requirements.
Affordable Care Act: What You Need to Know
- Global Overview of Healthcare Changes
- Challenges for CUs of All Employee Sizes
- Issues for CUs to Consider When Reviewing Healthcare
- Information on CT Network Options
Click for the Registration Flyer!