December 2014 – April 2015
Bankruptcy & Collections Update
The world of the delinquent member is never boring and it never stands still. Much has happened over the last year that directly impacts your Collections Department. From improving your collections calls to understanding your rights in bankruptcy, this informative and interactive session is sure to have something for you! It is never too late to sharpen your collections skills and better position your credit union to assist troubled members who want to work with you and maximize the recovery from everyone else. Join credit union attorney and collections consultant David Reed as he highlights the latest techniques, tips and trends to maximize your collections function. The event includes ample time to answer your questions and group discussion. Click here for the Registration Flyer.
The session will cover:
Creating Effective Collections
- Perfecting Your Collections Call
- Impact of the New Mortgage Servicing Rules
- Latest Skip Tracing Tools and Techniques
- Effectively Utilizing Collections Agencies and Law Firms
- Avoiding Consumer Protection Landmines
Fine Tuning Your Bankruptcy Process
- Avoiding Inadvertent Violations of the Automatic Stay
- Perfecting Your Proof of Claims
- Recent Bankruptcy Litigation Trends
- Maximizing Reaffirmation Opportunities
- Finding and Recovering Bankruptcy Fraud
Click here for the Registration Flyer.
CUSolutions Group’s Invest in America is now Love My Credit Union Rewards
Love My Credit Union Rewards has had an exciting response to its new brand and program changes. This fall, CU Solutions Group is kicking off a series of webinars to showcase not only what’s new with Love My Credit Union Rewards, but also highlight the deep discount programs that it’s famous for.
Join one of their complimentary webinars to learn about:
- Program changes – bundles, streamlined enrollment, consolidated marketing, new dashboard
- Which programs help credit unions boost auto loans
- How Love My Credit Union Rewards adds member value and garners loyalty
- Tactics that help members save while earning non-interest income for the credit union
Members have saved over $1 billion with our program – help them save even more!
October 9, 2014 (2:00 PM)
October 22, 2014 (2:00 PM)
November 13, 2014 (2:00 PM)
December 11, 2014 (2:00 PM)
Due to a major vote happening in Washington D.C., this event will be rescheduled.
The fundraiser for Senator Murphy that was scheduled to take place this Friday, January 9 in Hartford has been postponed. The League is working to reschedule the fundraiser in February.
Curious about mobile wallets and how they can benefit your membership?
The Credit Union League of Connecticut is hosting a free educational session on CU Wallet and the future of electronic payments. Join us Tuesday, January 13, 2015 for a discussion led by Paul Fiore, Founder and CEO of CU Wallet.
In a few short years, mobile payments have evolved from a novelty to a game-changing member interface. Most recently Apple Pay entered the forum that was once controlled by Google Wallet, FreedomPay, Loop and others. But there is more to the experience than just enabling members to make a payment.
Have you considered a solution that can:
- Create a new revenue stream and help your bottom line?
- Reduce the potential for in-person fraud?
- Make your card be “top of wallet”?
This presentation is no charge for credit union friends and will detail CU Wallet’s services and how they can enhance your members’ satisfaction. CU Wallet has a variety of unique features that can increase your revenue, reduce in-person fraud and make your card “top of wallet”.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
***This event has been filled.***
As an alternative, CUNA Mutual is offering a free webinar for all credit unions. Please click here to learn more.
Click here for the event flyer. E-mail email@example.com to register.
Attorney Jay Hershman
Baillie & Hershman P.C.
Attorney David Baghdady
First American Title Ins. Co.
This presentation will cover the new CFPB disclosures required for use beginning August 1, 2015.
We will review the Loan Estimate and the Closing Disclosure, discuss the new three day timing rules and when the new disclosures are to be used. We will also look at the different types of Closing Disclosures that the CFPB has created.
Join us in Washington D.C. March 8-12, 2015 for the 2015 CUNA Governmental Affairs Conference (GAC) to Unite for Good.
Hotel Reservations: (More instructions below)
Our block of rooms at the Cambria Suites located one block away from the Convention Center with a room rate of $269 single/double. Access Code: Yellow2015
CUNA GAC. Powerful Cause. Positive Effect. We’ve hit the 100 million mark. Now let’s keep the momentum growing at GAC.
One hundred million credit union memberships is a significant milestone. It’s proof that Americans value the credit union difference. It reinforces that Americans want financial service alternatives that offer real choices and put them first. It’s time to celebrate—and time to leverage the opportunity.
Let’s do both at this year’s CUNA Governmental Affairs Conference.
CUNA GAC is the biggest week of the year for credit unions. More than 4,000 credit union people come together to:
- Hear from influential legislators, policymakers and credit union experts on the political landscape and its effect on credit unions
- Identify new strategies for building and maintaining America’s awareness and trust
- Network with credit union leaders
- Attend breakout sessions on the hottest issues in the movement
- Tour the largest vendor showcase in the financial services industry
- Tell Congress our story at Hike the Hill visits
Room Reservation Instructions
The following is the CUNA GAC Housing Website link and instructions on how to make your reservation in order to be included in the CT Room Block.
- Click on Housing Website link: http://registration.experientevent.com/ShowCUN151/
- Click on “Attendee/League/Exhibitor” tab
- Enter your arrival and departure dates, and then enter your League Access Code: Yellow2015 in the space provided prior to clicking “Search.” (The password is specific to CT and is case sensitive. It is very important that you enter the access code Yellow2015 when making your hotel reservation(s). If you miss this field, you will get the complete list of hotels CUNA uses for the GAC and not the Connecticut block of rooms.)
- Your league hotel should be the only option available
- Continue with adding in the reservation
- A password needs to be created by the individual for each reservation. This process is in place to secure the credit card information being entered into the housing system.
- Continue to enter in the payment information and finish up the reservation
Due Date for League Reservations
All league housing needs to be entered into the housing system by February 11, 2015.
If you need to call in for assistance, please call the general housing number (800.974.3084). You must indicate to the agent you are trying to book a reservation into a league sub block.
Credit unions entering their own reservation into the housing system will be prompted to put in their credit card information into the system to secure their reservation. A $275 deposit is required for each reservation. Cancellations can be made through January 12, 2015 for a full refund. Starting on January 13th, the deposit is non-refundable for cancellations. The system will only allow a reservation to be booked with a credit card.
If you have any questions regarding this process, please feel free to contact Kelly.
Please join us for a very important event to thank Senator Chris Murphy for all of his support of credit unions. For questions and to RSVP, please contact Kelly.
Senator Chris Murphy Fundraiser
Tuesday, March 31 | 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
100 Trumbull Street
Discounted parking at the LAZ parking lot right near the restaurant.