May – June 2013
Morning – Melanie Gluck, MasterCard
Afternoon – Tucker Foote, MasterCard
Morning Session: The Next Generation of Payments: The Future is Now
There is an urgent need for U.S. Payment Providers to position EMV and Mobile technology as strategic imperatives.
Have any of the following questions been addressed at your credit union?
- What is EMV?
- How is it used outside of the U.S.?
- Why are we talking about it now?
- What are the liability shift timelines for issuers and merchants?
- What are the key benefits (reduced fraud and loyalty/usage uptake)
- What is our strategy related to EMV?
- Do we agree it’s important?
- Do we think the time is right to think about reissue on a mass or rolling basis?
- How long would it take to be ready?
- Have we discussed a mobile payments strategy?
- Are we concerned about losing transactions?
To address these issues, we are pleased to present a Retail Payments Strategy Discussion. The program will feature an overview of EMV and Mobile Technology and how they will affect your short- and long-term retail strategies.
Afternoon Session: Payment Systems Legislation & Regulatory Compliance
Given the current credit regulation tenor and speculation on the possibility of heightened oversight, this workshop will address how to protect your debit and credit card operations from further
Specific legislative topics will include:
- The merchant community’s lobbying efforts to expand interchange regulations;
- Future restrictions on prepaid products; and,
- Data security legislation with a specific focus on notification procedures and breach liability requirements.
Some suggested topics are as follows:
• Coaching poor performers out the door
• Winning at unemployment hearings
• Managing employee conflict (i.e.: conflict between two employees)
• Supervisor Training Topics
• Dealing with young/immature employees
• Motivating seasoned employees
• Fun employee events
To Register, contact Susan O’Loughlin:
• (203) 608-7061
WHERE: Connecticut College, New London, CT
WHEN: MAY 21, 2013, 7:45 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
We are finishing up our 2012-2013 school year and looking for volunteers to make this last Fair of the year a success.
There are over 300 students from 7 high schools in eastern Connecticut registered for this unique experience and we are looking for volunteer support to bring the Fair to them.
Sign up, put on that lime green T-shirt and let’s give back to the students at the May 21st Financial Reality Fair!
To volunteer, please contact Barb Bass at email@example.com.
Start the afternoon with 9 holes of golf at a terrific course for just $100 per foursome, ($35 individually), in addition to your dinner choice. Prizes for the top three lowest scores to be awarded that night.
Tee times starting at 1:45 p.m. Non-Golfers Welcome!
Contact Fred Brown to set tee time: 860-646-8870, ext. 121 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Checks need to be received no later than May 9, 2013. Please include your foursome, phone number and desired tee time. Tee times will be confirmed.
- Social Hour – 5:30 p.m. – Cash Bar
- Dinner – 6:30 p.m.
- Program – 7:30 p.m.
Nick Moalli, VP Credit Union Services, CU League of Connecticut, will speak on the Bank Secrecy Act. Encourage your employees to attend.
- Prime Rib au jus – $36.00
- Breast of Chicken, Apple Stuffing – $29.00
- Baked Stuffed Shrimp – $35.00
Soda/Iced tea included.
***Please Bring a Raffle Prize***
*Checks should be received no later than May 9th.
Nutmeg State FCU
521 Cromwell Ave.
PO Box 66
Rocky Hill, CT 06067.
Please reference “BSA”
More information to come….
- 5:30 Cash Bar
- 6:30 Dinner
- 7:45 Meeting
- 8:00 Speaker
Judy Britt, Training & Compliance Coordinator, CU League of CT
Buffet Dinner – $36.00 per person
Includes Baked Scrod, Tenderloin Beef Tips, and Vegetarian Lasagna.
Click for the meeting Registration Flyer. [to come]
Registration Deadline: Friday, May 17, 2013
Young Professionals are always welcome to attend!
Seasons FCU is sponsoring the attendance of up to 5 Young Credit Union Professionals at Chapter meetings throughout 2013.
Please extend the invitation to any young professional at your credit union!
Make checks payable to Moran/Nixon Chapter of CULCT.
MiddConn Federal Credit Union
213 Court Street, Suite 101
Middletown, CT 06457
Speaker: Bob DeLisa, President, Cooperative Systems
Program: Cyber Fraud
Agenda: 5:30 p.m. Social Hour (cash bar)
6:00 p.m. Buffet Dinner
6:30 p.m. Chapter Meeting and Speaker
Dinner: Buffet Dinner ($30.00 per person)
Deadline to Register: Friday, May 17, 2013
Click Here for registration information.
Barb Bass, Vice President of Education/HRD
Revocable trust, living trust, custodial trust…oh my! This program will step back and look at trusts, answering who, what, why, and how.
We will review:
• What is a trust account?
• Most common types of trust accounts including informal, revocable, irrevocable, custodial, living, guardianships and UTTMAs
• What to look for when establishing a living trust account
• Compliance issues related to trusts
• NCUA coverage
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
MSR management, MSRs, Tellers, and anyone dealing with trust accounts
From: 5/23/2013 5:00 PM
To: 5/23/2013 7:00 PM
New Volunteer Orientation
League Education Center, Meriden
Watch this space for more information!
Thursday, May 30th
8:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
315 Trumbull Street, Hartford, CT 06103
Your attendance is needed at this important conference to show our legislators that we are a united force!
Other Confirmed Speakers
• Banking Commissioner Howard Pitkin
• Senator Richard Blumenthal
• Senator Chris Murphy
• Congressman John Larson
• State Representative and Republican Leader Lawrence Cafero
This event is free to affiliated credit unions.
Contact Susan O’Loughlin at email@example.com or 203-608-7061.
Don’t miss this great opportunity to hear first-hand federal and state updates from our governor and elected officials!
The conference begins at 8:30 with a continental breakfast with our first speaker beginning at 9:00 a.m. and ends with a buffet luncheon beginning at noon. Parking is in the Hilton Garage Parking area and will be validated.
Register today by contacting Susan O’Loughlin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-608-7061!
An Informational Session Provided by
A Credit Union League of Connecticut Strategic Partner
Tuesday, June 4, 2013
10:00 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
League Education Center, Meriden
Light lunch will be provided
MemberClose®, the largest provider of bundled settlement services to credit unions, is a web-based program that will save your credit union on both the time it takes and the money it costs to process all types of home equity loans.
Find out why nearly 200 credit unions—including 3 in Connecticut—have chosen MemberClose to help them better compete in the challenging home equity market. Attendees will see a live demonstration of the MemberClose program.
There is no cost for affiliated credit unions to attend!
To Register: Contact Susan O’Loughlin at email@example.com or 203-608-7061.
Questions? Contact Bob Delaney at MemberClose (firstname.lastname@example.org).