The CUNA Governmental Affairs Conference is the premier conference to attend for political impact, credit union networking and industry insights. This year’s keynote speakers include Tony Blair, Prime Minister of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (1997-2007) Madeleine Albright, former Secretary of State of the United States.
The League has secured a block of rooms for the 2014 CUNA GAC at the Four Points Sheraton Washington DC Downtown, 1201 K Street NW, Washington, DC 20005. The rate for the rooms is $275 single/double plus applicable taxes, which are currently 14.5%. *Last date to register for a room is January 17th!
The League will be hosting a hospitality room on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday after the GAC and before dinner time, hours each day will vary depending on the GAC schedule of events. It will be at the League hotel, the Four Points Sheraton. We are also planning on having a breakfast/education session and a Congressional breakfast for our attendees, the dates are Tuesday the 25th for the Education Session and Wednesday the 26th for the Congressional breakfast, both to begin at 7:00 a.m. and end at 8:00 a.m. We are not having an evening Congressional reception this year and instead are going to invite our members to our breakfast.
The following is the CUNA GAC Housing Web Site link and instructions on how to make your reservation to be included in the CT Room Block.
- Click on Housing Web Site link: http://registration3.experientevent.com/showCUN141/
- Click on “Attendee/League/Exhibitor” tab
- Enter your arrival and departure dates, and then enter your League Access Code: Street2014 in the space provided prior to clicking “Search.” (The password is specific to CT and is case sensitive. It is very important that you enter the access code Street2014 when making your hotel reservation/s. If you miss this field, you will get the complete list of hotels CUNA uses for the GAC and not the Connecticut block of rooms.)
- Your league hotel should be the only option available
- Continue with adding in the reservation
- A password needs to be created by the individual for each reservation. This process is in place to secure the credit card information being entered into the housing system.
- Continue to enter in the payment information and finish up the reservation
*Due Date for League Reservations
All league housing needs to be entered into the housing system by January 17, 2013. If you miss this deadline and still would like to come contact me ASAP and I will help you get a room if possible.
If you need to call in for assistance, please call the general housing number (800.974.3084). You must indicate to the agent you are trying to book a reservation into a league sub block.
Credit Unions entering in their own reservation into the housing system will be prompted to enter in their credit card information into the system to secure their reservation. A $275 deposit is required for each reservation. Cancellations can be made through January 8, 2014 for a full refund. Starting on January 9th, the deposit is non-refundable for cancellations. The system will only allow a reservation to be booked with a credit card.
If you have any questions regarding this process, please feel free to contact Kelly Ramsey Fuhlbrigge at email@example.com.