Assistant Branch Manager
Are you looking to have a positive impact on people in your community? Connex Credit Union is looking for diverse talent who are motivated to improve the financial well-being of others. We’re a company with a long and successful history where trust is important and exceptional customer service is the standard. We are committed to our employees, our members and the communities we serve. If you want to make a difference and be part of a growing, inclusive organization, join us in our mission.
- Competitive compensation.
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage.
- Paid time off.
- 401K contributory plan with company match.
- The opportunity to become involved in community outreach.
An Assistant Branch Manager must provide outstanding service to all members and identify and find solutions for their financial needs in order to better their financial lives. The Assistant Branch Manager is responsible for branch growth and profitability through the expansion and organic growth of retail and commercial members and member relationships, through business development within the branch community. The Assistant Branch Manager has two direct reports, the Universal Banker and the Service Coordinator. In addition, this position requires general coaching of branch personnel on advocacy, sales, and service techniques. This role requires filling in for the Branch Manager during any absence.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Leadership and Coaching personnel:
- Coaches’ sales and service skills to all branch team members on a regular basis. Works with other branch leaders to ensure sales & service coaching occurs consistently.
- Develops sales & service leadership skills in branch personnel.
- Assists Branch Manager in quality hiring for all branch positions.
- Provides regular additional training and coaching for Universal Bankers.
- Assists Branch Manager in development of goal attainment strategy, analyzing results, making adjustments when goals are not met and celebrating when they are.
- Comfortable performing overrides, making exceptions, and decisions the acceptance of checks when necessary.
- Coordinates, and monitors workflow and productivity to ensure high levels of accuracy, quality and quantity are maintained.
- Drives branch reporting by working with the Branch Manager to compile individual branch results and combining results to measure the branch’s productivity.
- Works with Branch Manager to meet/exceed individual and branch goals on a monthly, quarterly, & annual basis.
- Mentors Universal Bankers on the advocacy process and identifying opportunities for every member.
- Oversees the daily operation of the Branch, according to written Branch operations standards, including adherence to security procedures.
- Makes recommendations to the Branch Manager for changes and improvements in procedures concerning the branch in relation to overall operations.
- Assists with monthly audits in Branch Managers absence.
- Resolves member problems/responds to inquiries beyond the authority of other Branch personnel.
- Ensures that the branches maintain and utilize all Marketing provided; makes sure all Marketing displayed is current and accurate.
- Assists in maintaining adequate Member Service Staff through:
- Training support
- Filling vacancies promptly with qualified applicants
- Maintains knowledge of competitors’ rates and terms and other trends related to the credit union industry and drives that knowledge with the branch team.
- Makes appropriate recommendations to reward and recognize team performance utilizing MVA nominations, spot awards, and “you’re awesome” cards.
- Builds and maintains relationships with SEG groups and local businesses within the branch community to grow the business.
- Participates in the community to help grow awareness and brand recognition of the credit union.
- Procure and maintain active status of NMLS license.
- Interviews loan applicants, analyzes credit and financial information.
- Accurately completes required loan forms and related documents necessary in the lending process.
- Assures quality control of loan check disbursements.
- Pre-qualifies prospective mortgage and home equity candidates and co-ordinates 1st mortgage interviews with mortgage originator.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- College Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 1 year retail sales management or branch experience and heavy retail and commercial customer contact environment.
- 1 years interviewing experience in consumer loans and related insurances.
- 2 years of direct supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations governing consumer banking.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to analyze member problems and find beneficial solutions in a timely manner.
- Continued education through selected training courses.
- Provides coverage for other branches when needed.
- Windows, Microsoft Word & Excel skills.
- 100% travel required to branch locations requiring additional support; mileage reimbursement provided.
- 40 + hours per week, Saturdays.