The Credit Union League of Connecticut is the only association in Connecticut advocating for Connecticut’s credit unions. The League advocates at the local, state, and federal levels to remove burdensome laws and regulations, defend the credit union difference, and encourage innovation and opportunity for credit unions and their members.
- Legislative Monitoring and Tracking
- Legislative Testimony
- Legislative Meet and Greets
- Regulatory Monitoring and Commenting
- CUNA GAC and Connecticut State GAC
Connecticut League Wins
- Protection of CU Tax Status
- Significant progress on Association Health Plans
- Financial education partnership with the Connecticut Lottery
- Achieving state and federal parity on sales tax exemption
- Passage of legislation allowing for prize-linked savings accounts
Connecticut Legislative Action Council (CLAC)
Comprised of credit union leaders from around the state, CLAC works in collaboration with the League to drive its advocacy focus and priorities. To learn more and to get involved, please contact us.
The League works hand-in-hand with our national partner, CUNA, setting and leading on our federal advocacy priorities. We believe credit unions advance communities, one member at a time.
As not-for-profit, member-owned financial institutions, we’re fighting for policies that will allow credit unions to continue to change lives, with real results for real people.
CUNA Advocacy Federal Priorities