IT Help Desk Representative
Key Essential Responsibilities:
- Receives telephone calls and e-mails from users having problems using computer software and hardware or inquiring how to use specific software, programming languages, electronic mail, or operating systems.
- Ascertains from computer users the nature of the problem, determines whether the problem is caused by hardware, such as printers, cables, tablets, or scanners, formulates a diagnosis, and assists users through problem-solving steps.
- Provides timely and accurate problem resolution support for internal and external customers.
- Documents and updates IT Help Desk requests in the IT Help Desk database in a timely and professional manner.
- Develops training materials, such as exercises and visual displays.
- Develops and maintains technical expertise for the hardware and software within the area of responsibility. Installs, configures, tests, and maintains these systems.
- Keeps track of hardware asset inventory and data tape inventory to maintain the accuracy of the asset database and quickly identify the current location of hardware and data tapes. Performs regular audits of equipment and data tape locations as compared to the asset database, as well as runs inventory reports.
- Promotes and maintains a positive work atmosphere by communicating in a manner consistent with professional standards to work effectively with members, co-workers, management, and vendors. Demonstrates the Credit Union’s core values of Service, Teamwork, Integrity, and Responsibility.
- Keeps abreast of industry developments including, but not limited to changes in regulations and technology.
- Ensures adherence to company policies and procedures and Banking/Credit Union Regulations.
- Performs additional duties as required.
The IT Help Desk Representative works under the direction of the IT Infrastructure Manager exercising limited independent judgment and decision making and requires moderate supervision.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT/IS related field or HS Diploma + 1-2 years related experience.
- A+ Certification required.
- Strong communication, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills. Must be able to effectively prioritize and manage time to meet changing workloads and deadlines as well as teach users fundamental concepts of various software applications.
- Availability for on-call and after-hours work (work scheduled to coincide with SCU retail hours, including Saturdays).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows operating systems and Microsoft desktop applications.
Sikorsky Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer that is proud of its commitment to diversity and inclusion. Therefore, we welcome applicants from all communities, including age, color, ethnicity, familial or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic background.