Learning & Development Manager
Develop and implement a robust learning and development strategy aligned with the company's vision, mission, and long-term objectives.
Conduct a thorough needs analysis to identify skill gaps and training requirements across different departments and employee levels.
Continuously assess the effectiveness of existing training programs and recommend enhancements based on feedback and industry best practices.
Program Design and Development
Design and curate engaging, learner-centric training content, including workshops, e-learning modules, webinars, and other blended learning approaches.
Collaborate with subject matter experts and external vendors to source, customize, or create training materials that meet specific learning needs.
Stay abreast of the latest trends and technologies in learning and development to ensure innovative and impactful training solutions.
Manage large-scale organization-wide initiatives in support of strategic plan including succession planning, change management, systems thinking, employee engagement, and leadership development.
Training Delivery and Facilitation
Conduct or oversee the delivery of training sessions, workshops, and seminars to employees at all levels, ensuring a high-quality learning experience.
Mentor and support internal trainers or facilitators to enhance their instructional delivery and presentation skills.
Create opportunities for continuous learning, such as Lunch-and-Learn sessions, skill-sharing workshops, and knowledge-sharing platforms.
Maintains strong knowledge of the credit union’s products and services and our account opening procedures to assist new members.
Employee Development Initiatives
Design and implement career development paths, mentorship programs, and coaching initiatives to support employee growth and advancement.
Collaborate with managers to identify high-potential employees and create tailored development plans to nurture their talents.
Learning Assessment and Evaluation
Develop metrics and evaluation frameworks to assess the impact and effectiveness of learning initiatives on employee performance and business outcomes.
Use data-driven insights to refine and improve training programs, ensuring they remain relevant and impactful.
Compliance and Reporting
Ensure that all training programs comply with relevant regulations and industry standards.
Maintain accurate records of training participation and progress, providing regular reports to HR leadership and key stakeholders.
Lead, Manage, and foster Accountability.
Direct People: foster a positive and high-performance work culture within the Learning & Development team. Provide coaching, guidance, and mentorship to team members to enhance their skills and knowledge. Support their professional development and facilitate opportunities for growth.
Coach and Direct Staff: Lead and manage a team of Learning & Development professionals. Set clear performance expectations, provide regular feedback, and conduct performance evaluations. Implement strategies to maximize team productivity and efficiency.
Allocate Resources: Optimize the allocation of resources, including personnel, technology, and systems to ensure efficient and effective team operations. Assess workload, capacity, and skillsets to make informed decisions regarding resource allocation and workflow management.
Key Performance Indicators and goals: Collaborate with team members to establish individual and team performance goals, key performance indicators, and reporting requirements. Monitor progress, provide support and guidance, and implement strategies to help individuals and the team meet or exceed their targets.
Experience, Education & Credentials:
- Must have a minimum of five years of proven experience in a Learning and Development management, or similar, role.
- Prior experience working in a financial services (credit union) environment highly desired.
- Knowledge of Keystone technology preferred..
- Prior experience in project management and budgeting required.
- Experience with assessment instruments, including Predictive Index, Myers-Briggs, Hogan or similar, required
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Education, Organizational Psychology or Development or a related field is required. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- Professional certification (i.e. CPLP/CPTD) is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Current knowledge of effective learning and development methods. Strong understanding of learning theories, instructional design principles, and adult learning methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to create engaging and interactive training content using various media and delivery methods.
- Exceptional communication, presentation, and facilitation skills. Sharp business acumen.
- Experience leading change management initiatives and knowledge of change management strategies.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and build strong relationships with internal stakeholders. Ability to build rapport with employees and vendors.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to gather and interpret data for training program assessment.
- Strong project management skills to handle multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Familiarity with Learning Management Systems (LMS) and e-learning platforms and practices.
- Proficient with Microsoft applications.
To apply: //nutmegstatefcu.org/careers