Are you a creative thinker, motivated problem solver and a team player who is looking for an opportunity to pursue your interests and influence your own career development? If you enjoy working for a smaller company while having the ability to positively affect an entire organization, then Waterbury CT Teachers FCU is the place for you!
Waterbury CT Teachers Federal Credit Union (WCTFCU) offers an excellent work life balance along with competitive pay and generous company incentives for all employees, paid time off that includes personal, vacation and sick time as well as holiday pay; a 401(k) plan with a 6% match, health, dental and vision insurance, career development training and more.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Answers member inquiries regarding loan products and/or services.
- Possesses excellent working knowledge of all loan products and underwriting guidelines. Explains loan programs and options available to members.
- Maintains a strong familiarity with other credit union products and services to be able to recommend and cross-sell to members after identifying need. Interviews members to determine borrowing needs and appropriate lending product(s), recommending appropriate loan options.
- Orders and reviews credit check to properly assign credit risk and determine rate, while seeking other financing needs and/or WCTFCU products/services that will benefit our member. Replies to member in a timely fashion with approval or denial of loan, visa, and visa increase requests within individual lending limits.
- Prepares appropriate documentation to close loans. Responsible for all aspects of loan closings, including both not limited to scheduling and document preparation.
- Maintains loan files on database with appropriate information to allow preparation of management reports. Performs file maintenance as necessary.
- Adhere to the Credit Union Bank Secrecy Act policies and procedures.
- Associates degree or commensurate work experience will be considered.
- Strong interpersonal skills, confidentiality, and discretion requiring diplomacy and tact in communication.
- Must be self-motivated and highly organized and have the ability to prioritize multiple competing tasks
- Quality results mindset with strong analytical and judgment skills
- Positive attitude and the desire to work in a team environment
- Great benefit package including 401K, paid holidays, vacation and more.
- Generous incentive program
- Salary range $24.62-$36.93 hourly