The Teller FT provides excellent member service by accurately processing a broad variety of transactions while building and maintaining positive relationships with members. This person also educates and recommends products and services that may be beneficial to our members.
Key Essential Responsibilities:
- Accurately processes a broad variety of transactions while providing excellent member service in a timely manner.
- Assesses member needs and provides appropriate solutions.
- Cross sells Credit Union products and services that fit member needs.
- Serves as back up to other tellers in different branch locations when necessary.
- Promotes and maintains a positive work atmosphere by communicating in a manner consistent with professional standards to work effectively with members, co-workers, management and vendors. Demonstrates the Credit Union’s core values of Service, Teamwork, Integrity and Responsibility.
- Keeps abreast of industry developments including, but not limited to changes in regulations and technology.
- Ensures adherence to company policies and procedures and Banking/Credit Union Regulations.
- Performs additional duties as required by management.
The Teller FT works under the direction of the Branch Management/Lead Teller while exercising limited independent judgment and decision making and requires moderate supervision.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent. Some college coursework preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience working for a financial institution preferred.
- Minimum 1 year cash handling experience preferred.
- Knowledge of banking products and services. Ability to learn about Credit Union products and services.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a keen attention to detail. Must be able to multitask and have strong mathematical skills.
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
- Computer experience. Familiarity with Microsoft Suite.